What's more, a short detour to Finstertal water reservoir is an absolute must before you reach the highest point of the tour. Some 370 altitude meters await you on a 3.5 kilometer long stretch.
Safety informationNational road traffic regulations apply. Generally valid and common rules of conduct.
Please note that there is an increased risk of accidents and injuries in road cycling sports. Despite accurate tour planning, there is always a basic risk. Appropriate tour preparation including endurance sports, suitable training programs and further education as well as personal circumspection considerably reduce accidents and risks.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Oetz / Piburg:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking lot Raftingeinsteinstelle (at the end of Oetz on the right side) - free, but limited parking (alternatively Acherkogelbahn 150 m), camping prohibited
- Oetz parking area (subject to a charge)
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Central parking place Oetz, The ticket is available at the information office Oetz.
- Parking Piburg at the Hotel Seerose, subject to charges.
EquipmentThe personal cycling equipment must be safe, ready for use and correspond to the respective technical standard. Additionally, road cyclists are strongly recommended to find out more about the planned tours in specialist literature or on site. Complete road cycling equipment is recommended even for very experienced cyclists!
Special tip: Bicycle lighting is advisable for the partially sparsely illuminated tunnels.
Basic Equipment for Road Cycling
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling shoes
- Padded shorts and jersey
- Water bottle and cage
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.