Safety informationFor experienced mountaineers that are free from vertigo & surefooted, Very good physical condition, mountain
experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary, such as alpine security material, good
weather conditions recommended. Please pay attention to the current weather report:
Tips and hintsOnce a week the hut taxi drives to Polltalalm during summer season. A reservation is required.
Ötztal Tourismus - Information Längenfeld +43 (0)57200 300
More details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereHuben is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Huben:
- Funpark Huben
- Huben first local entrance before carpentry Praxmarer - free of charge
Appropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots,
wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid
box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.