The trail runs along a short stretch of forest over fields to Oberrieder Straße, which is crossed. The trail continues on the right side of the Ache along an idyllic birch forest to the hamlet of Dorf-Espan. Shortly before the turning point in Winklen / Au, there is a small incline to the bridge. Now the trail runs along the Ötztaler Ache back to Längenfeld - heading south. Almost at the end of the round you reach the area of the night trail which leads past the foot of the plague chapel back to the starting point.
Tips and hintsMore details about cross-country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/cross-country-skiing
Getting thereThe drive to the ÖTZTAL
Arriving by car leads holidaymakers over the Inntal to the valley entrance and further along the Ötztal. In addition to the motorway can also be used on rural roads. With the route planner, your journey can be quickly and easily determined. To the route planner: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingFollowing parking facilities are available in Längenfeld:
- Parking in Längenfeld - sports center - free
- Parking in Winklen / Au - across from the Optimal business
- Cross-country skis - classic
- Cross country poles of suitable length
- Cross country shoes - precise fit, should give a firm grip and fit snugly
- Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended
- Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.