that require some experience.
Length / Time
100meters of difference in altitude on a 400 meter long climbing route. Climbing time: approx. 1.5 - 2 hours;
3 hours incl. descent.
Safety informationSAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
Required age for children: 10 years (1,40 m height)
Tips and hintsMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
By roadThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient was: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
- Parking garage (center of Obergurgl), chargeable
- Parking garage - bottom station Festkogl, chargeable