HOCHGURGL CENTER -> Ski track Hochgurgl -> HOCHGURGL CENTER
Access above Hochgurgl`s chapel at the top station of Hochgurgl Gondola section I. The Nordic trail is slightly ascending and descending. One stretch is illuminated at night. As the highest altitude trail in Ötztal, this splendid Nordic route travels through Alpine terrain above the tree line with great panorama.
Please pay attention to the current weather- & avalanche report: https://www.oetztal.com/de/winter.html &
- Cross-country skis - classic or skating skis
- Cross country poles of suitable length
- Cross country boots - precise fit, should give a firm grip and tight-fitting
- Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended
- Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance
Tips, hints and links
More details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
The car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)