Trail length / Time required
Almost 400 meters of altitude gain on a total rope length of about 800 meters. Ascent 2.5 hours, descent 0.5 hour.
SAFETY ON THE VIA FERRATA
The Austrian Alpine Club has published 10 recommendations for climbing on via ferratas in order to increase safety:
- Plan carefully
- Destination should correspond to personal abilities
- Use complete set of professional climbing equipment
- Don’t access the route in the event of a thunderstorm
- Check wire rope and anchors accurately and critically
- Partner check at the access point
- Maintain sufficient distance
- Talk clearly when overtaking someone
- Watch out for falling rocks
- Respect nature and environment
EquipmentEquipment: helmet, climbing harness and complete via ferrata climbing set, via ferrata gloves, appropriate climbing shoes, enough to drink!
Tips, hints and linksMore details about climbing in Ötztal:
Getting thereHaiming is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in the Inn valley. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
Haiming/Magerbach. Follow the Apple Road towards Silz, cross the bridge over the autobahn on the left after about 3 minutes, then walk towards the climbing access point. Slightly rising trail to Geierwand rock wall.
ParkingParking area behind Rafting Alm and rafting exit point